Sunday, December 16, 2007

Youth Mission 2007

I really had a wonderful experience in China. There are lots of 'first' for me during the trip to China. Firstly, it was my first trip to China; also my first mission trip in China. Next, my first encounter boarding a 2B motorcycle with 8 passengers in the rear carriage (excluding the rider) on a coaster ride along the rocky mountainous path. My first experience staying overnight on the waters with the fishes (of course not literally). And my first time seeing Ming Wei cry so badly and Wei Jie falling into the sea during autumn with his normal outfit (i.e. not swimming attire). And the list of 'first' continues..
The simple life the people in the villages of China leads really makes me reflect how blessed I am. Though their lives are simple, I can still feel the happiness that's in them.
Also, I really can sense the love of Christ in the Christian villagers from the hospitality they have given us. See that even the young Christians there are very fervent about their belief. They would rather miss their lunch during recess for an hour plus of worship gathering session during school days. Wow...This is really something I need to learn from them. Choosing to worship God or filling stomach?
Looking back, yes, I may have been on a mission trip but the experienced I have gained, lessons I have learnt and the blessing I have received is alot more than what I can provide, teach and give. I thank God for giving me this wonderful opportunity to serve Him. Lord, may You continue to provide for the poor and needy in China and I ask for revival in the whole world that more and more people will come to know You, the One and Only True God. Amen.

No comments: